Many people joins online program these days without realizing that a majority of these business opportunities are actually network marketing type program. Yet when told about it, they will deny that it is the same as any other legitimate MLM program out there.
Fact is, these network marketing business model has been working for the past 70 Odd years! Otherwise there will not be people interested in it nor Schemers or Scammers wanting to utilize it to exploit others.
If you have join any other similar type offline network marketing program such as Amway, Nuskin, Forever Living or even online one such as Strong Future International (SFI) , the concept is the same. In order to grow and make money, you MUST sell your products as well as duplicate and grow your organisation or team.
Do your due diligence before hopping into one. Of course, look out for those opportunities that are out to cheat people too. Fact: It is the same whether its online or offline and whether its MLM or not!
However, it is not surprising that 95% or more of people joining such program do not make it! The large attrition rate is also the reason why people shun away from MLM or Network Marketing. IF you are one of those people who have just started a business opportunity of this kind, here is something you MUST be aware of,
What Network Marketing Is NOT…
- It is NOT an INVESTMENT PROGRAM! Just because you bought a business opportunity, it will forever be a business ‘opportunity’ and not a business IF YOU SIT and DO NOTHING! This is not Unit Trust or Mutual funds or a Fixed Deposit Savings Account. The money doesn’t grow by you becoming a distributor. The more you invest doesn’t mean you will necessarily earn more.
- It is NOT a GET RICH QUICK SCHEME! Those who make it big in MLM within a short time are the EXCEPTION to the NORM. Do you have what they have? (The experience, trusts building, contacts, paid the price) Everyone who has made it had all paid the price. They had Labored Using Correct Knowledge (LUCK) 😉
- It is NOT totally a SALES RECRUITMENT PROGRAM. Some people like to sell. Some are salespersons, being good in sales will not make you succeed in MLM.
- It is not MUSICAL CHAIRS. It is never about whom gets there first, sponsor a few people then sit down and watch the group build itself while the latecomers miss out on the opportunity forever. Remember that if the downline works harder, they will eventually earn more than their uplines. Yes, they will earn more than you! Can you earn more than your superior in a conventional JOB?
- It is not a 9-5 JOB. In a 9-5 job, some people get away without doing any work sometimes (they still get their salary). But it is very obvious in Network Marketing that what you GIVE is what you GET. IF You only put in 1% then you only gets 1% reward!
- It is not a CLONING MACHINE. I am not down playing the need for uniformity and like-mind direction but remember that EVERYONE is DIFFERENT. Different people have a different personal touch when it comes to recruiting or sponsoring newcomers. Their relationships with their prospects vary from groups to groups.
- It is NOT a 100 METER DASH. It is a Marathon! Business builders must pace themselves over a period of time. Yes, not by today, tomorrow or next week! Going ‘all out’ to the point of exhaustion is just bad because it is the QUALITY of the work that counts, not the quantity. Don’t ‘close the back door’ or jump into the deep end without a float.
- It is DEFINITELY not a RELIGION. Please never ever treat your business like it is the ONLY business worth getting into (“friend, if you don’t get into MY MLM and if you join others, you are not my friend”). They are NOT losers if they don’t join you! Please don’t ever, EVER do this. You will lose a lot of true friends.
These are 8 reasons why you must understand about Network Marketing in order for you to have a great start to your endeavor to succeed online or offline with it and I hope you like it.
# Leave comment below if you have any other reason that will benefit the readers here. Thank you in advance!
Looking For Something? Try Amazon Main Search?
It isn't what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it. -- Dale Carnegie, How to win Friends & Influence People