Wow! Have you heard this exclamation before? As a Network Marketer, I have heard this thousands of time. As a stranger, have you shouted this on your mind, the moment someone mentioned MLM or Network Marketing?
These are the most common phrase or objections that a Network Marketer received when they tries to recruit people into their business:
1) No thanks, it’s a pyramid or this is a scam!
2) This is not my cup of tea!
3) I don’t have time!
The most common, of course, is “I am not interested!”
There is nothing wrong with Objection No. 2, 3 and 4. Perhaps it is really not the time for this individual to get involve with the business opportunity or he/she is truly not keen or interest at the present moment. It might also be a form of excuses…
What irks me most is Objection No.1, “No thanks, it’s a pyramid or this is a scam!“, there are still many people out there exclaiming it without using their “intelligence” at all. We are already a society with an abundance of information ( the internet is like a World library at your finger tip ) and anyone can easily decide what is wrong or right by making due diligence with the necessary information they gathered. Yet, being educated, they sometimes behaves like a fool with exclamation such as Objection No.1
Why Do They ACT Like This?
Ignorance is my best guess! They make decision based on past data that they have gotten whilst talking to people about the industry or based on what they read on the newspaper or magazine. The worst thing is that some of these information were gathered by speaking to people who have NEVER tried the business or opportunity before. They are basically hearsays!
Of course, there are some who have failed in the business before and they are extremely pleased to give a “peace of their mind” when approached for advice by anyone regarding any MLM opportunity.
My questions to you is …
1) Have you validate that information you received with other media so much so that its proven to be true?
2) Have you give it a shot and after a short of time, decides that this is not for you?
3) Have you asked yourself: “Why are there more young professionals joining the business today?” These are doctors, lawyers, teachers, pharmacist, dentist etc.
4. Have you asked yourself: “If the industry is that bad as claimed, why is it still acceptable to the government of different countries? In fact, they are available in as many as 80++ countries in the world!
5. Have you asked yourself: “Why are there more success stories in MLM than in the conventional business?” or “Why are there more self-made millionaires in the industry?”
As far as I am concerned, You will ONLY be qualified to say “No thanks, it’s a pyramid or this is a scam!” when you have done ALL of the above!
What Can You Do ?
My suggestion is that you keep your mind and option open. It’s true that this is not everyone’s cup of tea. But before you blurb the Objections above, why not try the following:
a) Read more about Network Marketing, MLM or Direct Sales
b) Get involve in one to gain some exposure
c) Participate in some of their Meeting, Seminar or Convention
It is only with such act that you will not look like a fool when you exclaimed “No thanks, it’s a pyramid or this is a scam!” BUT I know you will not do it after getting exposed to the knowledge or business about Network Marketing or MLM.
#Care to comment? Thank you!